THE KANSAS STAR CASINO’S TREES OF HOPE GIVEAWAY
Trees of Hope is a fundraising decorating competition wherein 9 local non-profits are invited to decorate holiday Trees at Kansas Star. The decorations can represent the charity’s mission and/or simply be decorated to be the best aesthetically looking tree.
1. Guest votes will determine the winners. Guests can vote online and via on-property kiosk selection.
2. The Promotion is valid only in the United States.
3. While people of all ages are welcomed to view the Trees of Hope displays, guests must be 21 or older to cast a vote.
4. B Connected members can vote once per day. B Connected members will swipe their member card at a promotional kiosk to select their tree of choice.
5. Guests can also vote once per day online. Social media votes, in combination with on-property guest votes, will determine the winners.
6. Voting starts November 23, 2021. Voting ends December 17, 2021. Date for check presentation ceremony is December 21, 2021. Attendance at the check presentation is not required.
7. When the contest starts, a contest microsite will be promoted on Boyd Gaming Corporation social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or LinkedIn).
To vote, visit the microsite.
From the microsite, click your favorite charity tree to vote for it.
Voting is limited to one vote per person, per day during the contest.
8. The Trees are located at the following property locations: Kansas Star Rotunda
9. Voting results will be announced on December 21, 2021, where up to $10,300 will be awarded to local charities. Prize amount issued is based on how many trees enter, maximum of 9 trees.
10. Winning charity prize amounts are as follows:
1st place (1 winner) - $5,000
2nd place (1 winner)- $2,500
3rd place (1 winner) - $1,000
Runner-ups (6 winners): $300 in cash
11. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes within or beyond the control of Boyd which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Boyd reserves the right, in its sole discretion without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
12. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or manipulate any program or equipment to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Boyd reserves the right to seek recourse against any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
13. Entries will be retained for record-keeping purposes in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
14. All winners agree to grant Boyd Gaming unconditional use of their name and likeness for promotional use without compensation, consideration, notice, review, or consent. As a condition of the redemption of any prize in this Promotion, each winner further agrees to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release, in the form provided by Boyd Gaming.
15. Kansas Star will hold a Trees of Hope program for B Connected members and Online voting for guests 21 and over.
16. B Connected guests can visit any kiosk once a day to print a Trees of Hope voucher.
17. Guests must swipe their card, select the “promotions” button, and then click the “Trees of Hope” icon to select their choice.
18. Cannot be combined with any other offer.
19. Prizes are non-transferable.
20. Proxies will not be allowed.
21. Patrons must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
21. Falsification of any information will result in ineligibility.
23. Kansas Star Marketing Officials will resolve all disputes.
24. Each entrant and winner shall indemnify and hold harmless Kansas Star against any damage, loss, claim, or liability arising from his or her participation in this promotion. Kansas Star assumes no liability of any kind for any property loss or damage or personal injury occurring in connection with any prizes.
25. By participating in the promotion, each participant agrees to and acknowledges that they will abide by the official rules, regulations, and procedures of the promotion.
26. Management reserves the right to cancel, change or modify the promotion with prior written notice and approval by the Kansas Lottery Commission.
27. Kansas Star will not be responsible for the loss, theft, mutilation, or illegibility of any part of any coupon. Entry tickets, direct mail coupons or any type of bonus entry coupons.
28. All prizes must be claimed at the times indicated above.
29. Persons who have been evicted from the property or who have requested self-exclusion from the property are not eligible to participate in the promotion.
30. Kansas Star reserves the right to substitute cash or retail merchandise for a cash or retail prize. Substitution will be of greater or equal cash or retail value of original prize.
31. No Kansas Star or Boyd Gaming Corporation employee may participate in any Kansas Star promotion. In addition, immediate family members or household members of any employees belonging to the Marketing, Player Development and IT departments are excluded. Also excluded from participation are any Kansas Star director or above and members of their immediate families and households. Immediate family is defined as spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses. Household is defined as living within the same residence with one or more of the above-mentioned individuals—including roommates, step-related family members and significant others. This includes OLC / OSRC / State Police staff, and agents.
32. Void where prohibited by law.
33. All promotion times are Central Standard Time.
34. Valid at Kansas Star only.
Gambling problem? Getting Help is your Best Bet. 800.522.4700 ksgamblinghelp.com